Abigail’s Angels – Training for healthcare professionals
Abigail’s Footsteps commemorates its 10th anniversary year in 2020 and to coincide we are delighted to announce the launch of ‘Abigail’s Angels Bereavement Training’. This funded training for professionals will be provided by Paula Abramson, principal and founder of Bereavement Training International.
ABIGAIL’S FOOTSTEPS FUNDING BABY LOSS VIRTUAL TRAINING SESSIONS
These series of two-hour bitesize online sessions are suitable for any professional providing care for parents following a pregnancy loss and when a baby dies, including midwives and student midwives, neonatal teams, sonographers, obstetricians and gynaecology staff.
Subjects covered include; how to communicate sensitively, the challenges of working during a pandemic, grief theories, and how we take care of ourselves.
CLICK HERE to book for available 2021 places or to join the waiting list for further information, you will be notified if places become available on fully booked dates.
Abigail’s training expert
- Since 16th June we have delivered weekly sessions, and have trained 281 professionals (11 sessions)
- 38% of delegates are midwives, nurses 14%, doctors 17%
- 94% rated the training as very good or excellent
- 97% said the training had increased their skills & confidence
- 100% said they would recommend the training to their co-workers
- 100% said the skills and knowledge of the facilitator was very good or excellent
In 2019, Abigail’s Footsteps gifted £5,537.50 to Child Bereavement UK’s baby loss training programme, the funding supported professionals to access bereavement training and conferences, who otherwise may not have been able to attend. The funding was used to train 117 professionals attending five different training courses, details as follows:
- 19 student midwives received heavily subsidised places at Child Bereavement UK’s neonatal conference.
- 98 professionals working with bereaved parents have received 50% bursaries to attend a full day of training.
In 2018, Abigail’s Footsteps gifted two donations to Child Bereavement UK’s baby loss training programme totalling £9,835 and £840 to Sands to deliver a one day course. The funding was used to train 174 professionals attending ten different training courses, as follows:
- 18 student midwives received free places at Child Bereavement UK’s neonatal conference.
- 99 professionals working with bereaved parents have received 50% bursaries to attend a full day of training.
- A further 57 professionals attended three training events.
Feedback from healthcare professionals that have accessed our training...
“Listening to someone that had an experience that has affected them, in a negative way, will empower me to talk to families in a sensitive way.”
Advanced Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
“This training session was absolutely brilliant! Having the chance to interact with other healthcare professionals that are as passionate about good bereavement care as I am was excellent.”
“This training was an all round heart warming experience. It has refreshed and reinforced my innate compassion. Thank you.”
We would like to keep you updated with latest news about our work and how you can help support us through fundraising & events.