Who we are
Abigail’s Footsteps, PO Box 741, ROCHESTER ME1 9PZ
What information do we collect
We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it. The types of information collected might include names, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone and/or mobile phone number.
It does not include any data where the identity has been removed i.e. anonymous data. We collect personal information from you so that we can offer our services as effectively as possible. We collect information from the following ways:
- Directly; you may give us your information when you sign up to one of our events, speak to us directly, attend our bereavement training programme, use our counselling service or make a donation.
- When you give your permission to other organisations to share or it is available publicly; the information that we get from other organisations may depend on your privacy settings or the responses that you have given, so please make sure that you also check the regularly.
- Social Media; depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, you might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
What personal data we collect and how we use it
The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it.
Supporters; for example make a donation, sign up for an event, volunteer or register to fundraise, we usually collect:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Your date of birth
We will use your data to:
- Provide you with services you have asked for
- Administer your donation, including processing Gift Aid
- Keep a record of your relationship with the charity
- Make sure we know how you prefer to be contacted
We DO NOT sell or share your personal details to third parties for the purposes of marketing.
Visitors to our website
Our website uses a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect data and statistics about website usage and behaviours such as what pages are visited. This information is processed in a way which does not identify anyone and we do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Access to your information
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), you have the following rights:
- Right to access the personal data we hold about you
- Right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete
- Right to erasure if you’d like us to delete any personal data we hold about you
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Right to data portability to have your data transmitted to another controller
- Right to object to the processing of your data in certain circumstances
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or make a subject access request please contact us by emailing email@example.com
Third party links
Like most websites, we use “cookies” to help us make our site, and the way you use it, better. Cookies mean that a website will remember you but a cookie by itself, can’t be used to identify you. They’re small text files that sites transfer to your computer, phone or tablet. Please be aware that some cookies are necessary for the website to function properly. You can find out more about the cookies we use on our site here. If you disable these cookies in your browser, parts of the website may not work correctly. For more information about cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Cookie banner is provided by WordPress Cookie Plugin to comply with the GDPR & ePrivacy (borlabs.io)
How to contact us/Make a complaint